The House of Night Series - P.C. and Kristin Cast ★★★

The first book in the series, Marked, was the best out of the rest of them. It had an interesting plot, a strong female character, and it kept me wanting to read the other books in the series. 

However as I kept reading the story line seemed to have declined a bit. It got confusing at times and sometimes it was slow. There was a lot of filler with annoying teenage drama, and although a little drama isn't bad, there was a lot of it.
 
 The main character, Zoey Redbird, was initially this strong female character who was kind and humble, but as the story goes on, she becomes whiny and to be honest, a little pathetic. I understand that she has gone through some hardships and has the weight of the world on her shoulders, but she blows them completely out of proportion and she has some strong friends to help her out. 

Her friends also could have been developed more, they are also powerful and unique, yet the author does little to show that, instead they are seen trying to console Zoey or gossip.
 
House of Night Series
 


 Many of the books could have been combined into one, but instead were their own individual books that got tiring to read. 

Throughout the books certain places are described quite beautifully and I would love to jump in the books and see them for myself if I could. 

The language was interesting and it's an interesting concept, but it was, unfortunately, drawn out too long. 
 
The tenth book is coming out soon and though I am tired of the series, I have invested so much time into reading them that I almost have to see how it plays out. 

Link to House of Night website: http://www.houseofnightseries.com/
Link to P.C. and Kristin Cast's website: http://pccast.net/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment